Uniden BCD996T AGC Tweak Procedure
Here is the procedure for tweaking AGC for P25 Reference Gain and P25 Res Time for the BCD996T.
- 1. Power on the 996T while pressing the HOLD/RESUME button. The display will rapidly flash between red and green. The display will then appear as normal.
- 2. Press in the function knob. WHILE THE F IS FLASHING IN THE UPPER LEFT OF THE DISPLAY, press the volume knob ONCE.
- 3. The text "P25 RES TIME" appears in the bottom line of the display, with +0 next to it.
- 4. Rotate the scroll knob to adjust the setting. -7 was the recommended setting for the 396T.
- 5. Once set to the desired level, press the scroll knob.
- 6. Press the scroll knob again, and while the F is flashing, rotate the knob. P25 REF GAIN now appears, also with a +0 to the right of it.
- 7. Rotate the scroll knob to adjust the setting. +3 was the recommended setting for the 396T.
- 8. Once set to the desired level, press the scroll knob.
I can already tell you I like the sound better after doing this. If it matters, all of the P25 I listen to is conventional, not trunked.
P25 RES TIME and P25 REF GAIN appeared to be the only two accessible settings using this hidden feature. It appeared that these settings would remain on the display until the scanner was restarted, so I did so and went back in again to ensure that the settings held, which they did.